As a mini celebration for the end of this season of Game of Thrones, I wrote a quick Season 4 recap quiz for my friends to take part in just before we watched the final episode.
Because I’m definitely doing content for this site now, I thought I may as well stick it up here just keep the ball rolling. And yes, I realise now that a lot of the questions are just “Name this character…”
- Tyrion prepares a welcome party for Doran martell, prince of Dorne, but who arrives in his place?
- The Lannsiter family finally gets some Valryian steel, but whose sword did they melt down and what was it called?
The Lion and the Rose
- Melisandre was burning people alive again in this episode, but who was the unlucky soul who “lacked faith in the Lord’s power” and how is he related to Stannis?
- Another king met his gruesome end at a wedding, but who put the poison in Joffrey’s cup?
Breaker of Chains
- Who volunteers and fights as Dany’s champion against the knight of Meereen?
- The fool Ser Dontos Holland was revealed to be in the services of which master manipulator of Westeros?
- The dragon banner of Targaryen replaced what icon of Ghis on top of the Great Pyramid of Meereen in this episode?
- The boy king Tommen gets a sexy midnight visitor, but who is she?
First of his Name
- Locke, the man who cut off the Kingslayer’s sword hand, met a bitter end in this episode, but who killed him?
- Sansa is shown some kindness in the form of what dessert shipped in from King’s Landing?
The Laws of Gods & Men
- Who is Cersei’s surprise witness in Tyrion’s court case?
- Name the three judges on Tyrion’s trial.
- Which castle does Sansa recreate in snow, only for it to be knocked down by that gimp Robin?
- Brienne and Pod meet an old friend of Arya in this episode, but what was his name?
The Mountain and the Viper
- What is Orson Lannister, whose obsession with crushing beetles is discussed at length by Jaime & Tyrion, eventually killed by and how?
- Tyrion has used trial by combat before, but which other character from the series has been subjected to it?
The Watchers on the Wall
- Two named brothers of the Night’s Watch, and close friends of Jon Snow met their ends in this episode. One at the bow of Ygritte and another holding the inner gate against a giant. But what were their names?
- Tormund Giantsbane claims to have slept with what, while sat round a campfire preparing for battle?
The Children – Tie Breaker
- Mag the mighty was what?
- What poison was used on The Mountain?
- What is Brienne’s sword called?
- Something I can’t remember.
- His brother Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper (1 point)
- Ned Stark’s blade Ice (2 points)
- Ser Axell Florent (Stannis’ brother in law/his wife’s brother) 1 point
- Lady Olenna Tyrell (The Queen of Thorns) 1 point
- Daario Naharis (1 point)
- Petyr ‘Littlefinger’ Baelish (1 point)
- The Golden Harpy (1 point)
- Margaery Tyrell (1 point)
- Hodor/Bran (1 point, bonus if the word Warg is mentioned)
- Lemon Cakes (1 point)
- Shae (1 point)
- Tywin Lannister, Mace Tyrell, Oberyn Martell (3 points)
- Winterfell (1 point)
- Hot Pie (1 point)
- Kicked in the head by a mule (1 point)
- The Hound (1 point)
- Pyp/Grenn (1 point each)
- A bear (1 point)
- The last king of the Giants
- Manticore Venom
Photo by ratapaloma