Excuse the poor half alliteration in the title.
Today I’m rewatching Season 2 from the start. I was going to tweet my nerdy thoughts but it was too lame. So I’ve blogged them instead.
1. Abed telling Shirley he likes her hair the first time he sees her. Because Yvette Nicole Brown (who plays Shirley used her own hair this season, unlike 1 and 3 where she wore a wig). Liking someone’s hair is very un-Abed, whereas noticing change, especially in a meta, 5000 rewatch and all the DVD extras way is very, very Abed.
2. Annie telling Troy where the cleanest bathroom is. A lovely throwaway line tucked in between the love triangle of Jeff, Annie and Britta. We forget all about the Troy and Annie angle, and so has Annie, so much so she can happily tell Troy where the cleanest place for him to (presumably) have sex with the blonde he’s giving a piggy back to.
I’ll be back with more thoughts when I have them.
3. Starburns and Pierce sit next to each other in the first class. Because they’re friends, they swap pills in the first Halloween episode, they team up in Modern Warfare. Not really noteworthy, except that Chevy has gone walkabout in the second classroom scene where Jeff tells Britta he loves her. I think it was the Dan Harmon AV Club interviews where he said that Chevy would always just leave early if he didn’t have any lines/a big enough part in a scene. Clearly one of those times.
Another quick break to watch a bit more.
4. Back to the first point, Abed wants to spinoff with Shirley and open a hair salon. Damn those Community writers are smart.
5. For all it’s clever writing, my favourite line in Community will probably always be Chang’s “Huh, GAY!” Enjoy [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4]